Royal Caledonian Curling Club
R.C.C.C. competition rules apply subject to the following local conditions.
1. Entries will be from fully paid-up Clubs.
2. The players (two men + two ladies) alternate play shall be members of fully paid up Clubs but rink members may be drawn from any fully paid up Moray Province Club. There is no limit to the number of players on whom the skip draws during the season.
3. No player may play at any stage of the competition for more than one team.
4. In exceptional circumstances, two teams may rearrange the date and time of the game but the rearranged game must be played before the date of the next round.
5. Scorecards should be filled in as far as possible before the game starts.
6. Failure to complete the scorecard correctly will cause the offending team (s) to forfeit the game.
7. Should a team appear on the Ice with three players only and the fourth player fails to appear within five minutes of the starting signal then the game should proceed with the first and second players throwing three stones each. The offending team should forfeit one shot and one shot for every additional five minutes the offending player is late, up to a maximum of 30 minutes after the starting signal when the offending team should forfeit the game. The game should then continue on a friendly basis with the cost of the ice being shared equally between all eight curlers whether present or not. Should the offending player appear on the ice within 30 minutes of the starting signal then he/she should join the game at the start of a new end at his/her usual position. The game should then proceed normally with the penalty shots accumulated being shown on the card opposite the twelfth end.
8. In the event of a tie each rink will select one player to throw a stone. First to play shall be the winner of the last end scored. Nearest stone to the centre (in the house) will determine the winner. The team may sweep the stone but neither team will sweep beyond the tee .The first stone delivered will be measured and removed.
9. All interpretations of, or disputes arising under these Rules shall be referred to the Executive Committee of the Province, whose decision shall be final.
Revised May 2002