Royal Caledonian Curling Club
Division 1 Playoff
R.C.C.C. competition rules apply subject to the following local conditions:
1. The two teams winning the respective East and West Division 1 of the Moray Province League will play for the Nicol Quaich.
2. The playoff venue will alternate between Elgin and Inverness ice rinks on a date to be determined by the Province Committee.
3. Each team will be drawn from their list of nominated players submitted for the League competition together with any eligible players used during the League competition from the total pool of eight allowed.
4. A player who is not nominated to a team in Division 1 and is a member of the same Club as the playoff rink is eligible to be a substitute on condition that the maximum number of the total pool has not been used.
5. If exceptional circumstances prevent either team raising four from the pool of eight, they may apply to the Province Executive Committee for dispensation regarding eligibility or the date of the playoff.
6. Scorecards shall be filled in as far as possible before the game starts.
7. Failure to complete the scorecard correctly will cause the offending team(s) to forfeit the game.
8. Should a team appear on the Ice with three players only and the fourth player fails to appear within five minutes of the starting signal then the game should proceed with the first and second players throwing three stones each. The offending team should forfeit one shot and one shot for every additional five minutes the offending player is late, up to a maximum of 30 minutes after the starting signal when the offending team should forfeit the game. The game should then continue on a friendly basis with the cost of the ice being shared equally between all eight curlers whether present or not. Should the offending player appear on the ice within 30 minutes of the starting signal then he/she should join the game at the start of a new end at his/her usual position. The game should then proceed normally with the penalty shots accumulated being shown on the card opposite the twelfth end.
9. In the event of a tie, each team will select one player to throw a stone. First to play shall be the winner of the last end scored. Nearest stone to the centre (in the house) will determine the winner. The team may sweep the stone but neither team will sweep beyond the tee. The first stone thrown will be measured and removed.
10. The winning rink will represent Moray Province in the following season’s ‘Area 10 League Playoffs’ and the Scottish Province Championships. Should they be unable to compete/the Province are offered a second entry, then the losing playoff rink will be given the first opportunity to play.
11. All interpretations of, or disputes arising under these Rules shall be referred to the Executive Committee of the Province, whose decision shall be final.